Smartly Done Websites offers an affordable way for you to work with professionals, designers, programmers, and writers, to help you customize your new website to best suit your needs.
There are three different methods for uploading media to your website; this tutorial will teach you each method step-by-step. You can either upload media straight to the directory (options 1 & 2) or upload it into a file within your directory (option 3).
Uploading media by itself to the directory (options 1 & 2)
On the blue ribbon at the top of your screen, select the “media” section.
OPTION 1: Click on the “create” dropdown arrow to add a file, folder, or image.
Uploading a file: Click on “file.”
- Enter a name for the file
- Select the “Click to Upload” option
- Choose the file you want to upload
- Click “Open”
- Then press “Save”
Adding a folder: Return to the main media page and select “Create” and “Folder.”
- Give the file a name.
- Save your file.
- Find your new file in the media directory.
Adding an image: Return to the main media page and select “Create” and “Image.”
- Select “Click to Upload.”
- Select your desired photo.
- Click “Open.”
- Name your photo.
- Click “Save.”
- Find your new photo in the media directory.
OPTION 2: Select “- or click here to choose files.”
OPTION 3: Upload media into a specific file within your media directory.
- Choose your folder from the main page or the sidebar
- Click the “Create” button to choose what to upload
- Or, choose the “Or click here to choose files”
- Press save once you’ve uploaded the files you wanted
Deleting or Moving Media
Step 1: Click on the file you want to move or delete
Step 2: A red bar will appear that will give you options to either move or delete the file. If you select move, a sidebar will open with options to where you can move the file. This can help you move extra files to their correct folders.
As you are creating pages and components, you’ll also find that you can directly upload media to those pages without adding them under the “Media” section first. This will automatically add them to your media folder.
How does this work?
Is this a good fit for me?
Read our frequently asked questions to see if a Smartly Done website is a good fit for you!